5 Tips to Finish Your Fundraiser Like a Pro
You’ve planned your fundraiser well and now you’re executing to perfection—way to go! The planning and execution phases can be tedious and time-consuming, so props to you for successfully enduring the first two phases, now let’s bring it all home! Here are 5 tips for finishing you fundraiser like a pro:
- Prepare for incorrect orders or deliveries. No matter how much planning and careful execution you ‘ve done, some mistakes still happen when a lot of people (volunteers, students, customers) are involved. Anticipating these problems ahead of time will help ease the stress and anxiety levels of your volunteers because these issues will not catch them off guard and are generally easy to resolve. Know who to call to get a quick solution!
- When the going gets tough, remind yourself why you’re here. The old saying of “no pain no game” definitely applies here. There will always be problems that need a solution, but don’t let that derail you from your primary objective. When things get stressful, remind yourself and your team why you’re conducting the fundraiser to begin with—this should provide the added energy to push through any and all obstacles in your way.
- Let the buyers know the numbers so they can see what their purchases go toward. Believe it or not, people do not support your fundraiser for the products alone—they’re invested in your cause! Once you have your final numbers, be sure to share them with those that bought from you. It helps your consumers connect the dots on how their purchases helped out the cause or organization you’re raising money for and encourages buyers to return for the next fundraiser.
- Thank those that donated and volunteered. What may seem like an obvious step can often time get left out when all of the “hustle and bustle” of the fundraiser is in full force. Remember that you couldn’t have pulled this off on your own—you needed your team of volunteer’s to help, so let them know! Take your “thank you” a step further and let your paying supporters know how much they’re appreciated at well!
- Pass along relevant info to expedite future fundraisers. Once everything is said and done, do your organization a huge favor by passing along relevant details to the person or persons that will be handling the fundraiser for the following year. During this time you can provide relevant contact details for volunteers and can also provide information from your experience during this fundraiser that can help future generations save time and headache!
When you’re running a fundraiser, as in all activities, it is important to finish well. These five pointers should help you do that and in the process, build a community that is excited to help your cause again and again!